Tuk Tuk Haiku
colourful tuk tuk
skirting around the city
flashing your colours
- Keith
Mango lassi or lemon mint shake? I want both of them, but... I have to share. They each cost 10,000 dollars, oooops, I mean 10,000 Lao kips (about $1.30). The drinks are phenomenal, but the food is tremendously, absolutely, perfectly scrumptious, especially the banana, chocolate, peanut butter pancakes/crepes (Laos was once ruled by the French). - Emma
Keith on our bike trip around Vientiane visiting Patuxai (Laos' Arc de Triomphe) built to honour those who fought in the struggle for independance from France. We climbed to the top for a view over the city (see below). Inside there are several levels of trashy souvenirs, many of which look like they've been there for decades. It is also known as the vertical runway because it was built using funds and actual cement from the American government to build a new airport. Thanks Uncle Sam!




Hi everyone. Happy new year. Your trip sounds fabulous, every bit of it. I'm with Emma, the pancakes sound scrumptious. Thanks for doing the blog; I'm really enjoying it.
ReplyDelete