Temple Haiku - Bangkok, Thailand
Glistening roof top
reaching up to the heavens
winking in the sun
-Keith
Tuk Tuk Poem - Vang Vieng, Laos
"Let's take a tuk-tuk", she cries
Flashing lights
Revving motor
Speeding machine
Hold tight
Dancing gingerly
Squeezing through
Foul exhaust
Beaming child
"Let's take a tuk-tuk"
-Keith
Village near Bokeo Nature Park - Northern Laos
You can take the teacher out of the school but not the school out of the teacher. Here I am practicing my Lao while trying to teach English numbers to a very receptive audience. I think they were enjoying correcting me as I mangled their language. - Keith
How about a nice crunchy bowl of grasshoppers Emma? On our bike ride around Vientiane, we decided to check out this morning (food) market. We were quite hungry and thought we'd grab lunch here. After walking around a while we also came across dissected frogs, lots of raw meat sitting out in the sun and flies, squid on a stick, and what looked like worms floating in milk. As appetizing as all of this sounds, we finally decided to go elsewhere. As we emerged from one particular aisle, we looked at one another and almost in unison said, "That smelled totally like poo!"
Emma has learned a couple of times that food isn't always what you think it's going to be. The first time was in Bangkok as she bought what looked like a square of lime jello with whipped cream on top. It turned out to be fishy tasting and quite salty. Next was at the Sunday market in Chiang Mai where she bought a container of what seemed to be candied dried strawberries. Very deceptively, they started out a bit sweet, but then ended with a kick of spice that sent her scrambling for water. After an incident like this, we always applaud her spirit for trying new things and quickly buy something very yummy!
- Steve
While I was eating lunch in the zip lining park, I met three kittens. They were so cute. I wanted to take them home.





No comments:
Post a Comment