Friday, 23 January 2015

Koh Lanta, Thailand



As night falls on Koh Lanta, Emma plays in the sand under the soft pink glow of a beach light.


Emma loved jumping off this branch into the crystal clear azure waters at Koh Rok, where we spent the day snorkelling. She was the only child on the trip, and everyone was amazed how she swam and snorkelled all day, diving down endlessly to chase stunning multi-coloured fish. On the first dive she looked at me and exclaimed, "Daddy, the most beautifully coloured things in the world are actually fish." - Steve




Emma and I headed out on our motor bike to explore this cave one afternoon. It was all fine until my headlamp died. At one point we needed to crawl crouched down on hands and knees in the dirt. There was a cavern near the end which was filled with sleeping bats, so we decided it would be impolite to wake them.  -Steve


Beach!!
Here I am on the beach, oops I mean In the beach,I was havIng so much fun I forgot that I had my t-shirt on.  I used sand as sunscreen like the elephants used mud.  (This is a simile)!  It was cool and damp in the wet and caramel sand and there were sand ticks that kept hungrily biting me!  (These are adjectives and adverbs)! -Emma


This is Koh Rok, an island in the Andaman Sea that has snorkelling.  We arrived here for lunch after two dives in the morning.  As everyone headed back to the boat for the afternoon dive I chose to stay on this island paradise and hide from the scorching sun to relax in a hammock.  As my mind wandered to work, I realized I was very happy to be exactly where I was.

1 comment:

  1. The last photo of your legs on the hammock is the most awesome photo ever.

    Hi Emma...I'm enjoying your use of simile and adjectives and adverbs. It makes your stories more vibrant.

    ReplyDelete