I bought these two little birds for $20,000 dollars, oops I mean 20,000 kips, which is about $3.00.
It was so cruel and sad they kept them in garbage bags
so I had to buy one and let it go.
Emma and I are checking our Lao phrase book. She purchased this phrase book and we have made good use out of it! We are fortunate that the Lao people are very patient and correct our pronunciation when we make a mistake. One particular monk taught me how to say your welcome, or in Lao, "no problem".
OK, so we missed the annual polar bear swim at Point Roberts this year... so this was our version. Emma and I went in (I even jumped off the tree branch you see above us). You may think it looks beautiful, but in reality Luang Prabang had just had this very rare winter storm where it had poured rain for almost two days straight. The temp was about 17 degrees, but in a country with no indoor heating, and with us having packed (very lightly) for beach weather... It was COLD! No really! Come on Canada, where's the sympathy?
My little Communist soldier guarding the fanciest hearse you'll ever see, used only for Royal family funerals.




I'm so very sad for you that you're freezing there. It must be a terrible situation. Maybe you should just pact up and come home!
ReplyDeleteNah, just kidding. You're adventures sound magnificent. Everything!
I'm sure that little birdie was glad to be free.
I sure am enjoying reading your blogs. What fantastic adventures. Emma, I feel sad about the birds too. I am glad you were able to rescue two of them. Hugs to you all.
ReplyDelete