This is a carved watermelon, guess who did it?
If you guessed Daddy or Papa you are 'X' (wrong)! I did it! I did a course in the library. I did my course with Kadek which means born number two in Balinese. I chose this course because I could eat my work. After I was finished the carving I enjoyed eating it as much carving it.
PS: A two hour fruit carving course -$20... Two hours of adult time -priceless!
A slightly overdressed Steve gets lost in Ubud.
While in Ubud we had the opportunity to watch a Balinese dance performance under an open sky at the Royal Palace. The gamellon music, the exquisite costumes and dance performances were truly magical and held our attention throughout.
Getting back to the raft after a swim in a beautiful waterfall, not that we needed a swim, as we kept going under small waterfalls... Very refreshing! At one point the raft became wedged between some rocks in the rapids, and then filled with rushing water, which made it impossible to move. Our guide needed to get us out of the raft to dislodge it. The grand finale was a 4m drop down a sloped dam which was very exciting, a bit like all those films with people on rafts heading helplessly towards water rushing off the edge of a cliff.







Whoa! That watermelon is cool. I'll bet it was yummy too. What a fabulous experience you are having.
ReplyDeleteWe will have a watermelon here for you upon your arrival home - can't wait to see the carving in real life!
ReplyDeleteStever - looking forward to seeing you pull off that outfit in Vancouver and maybe sharing a little performance!
AHHHHH!!! Scary (exciting?) sounding waterfall!!!