Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Time with Friends - Blue Mountains and Culburra Beach, New South Wales



Steve insisted I stand here and take a picture beside the Three Sisters rock formation at Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains.  I don't know how old they are, but surely older than my three sisters. They are sitting on my shoulder, just like my sisters are always with me wherever I am. Also in Katoomba, we visited the cultural centre where they have a great museum featuring geography, aboriginal history and stories of folks from the area. The art gallery here showcased amazing photography of Kati Thanda (Lake Eyre) in South Australia, Australia's lowest point (-49m) and largest lake. It had been dry for many years and then recently filled, creating an incredibly beautiful and colourful landscape. Photography was by Peter Elfes. 


We were so fortunate to time our touring day in the Blue Mountains when Miriam had a day off and generously took us up to do a lovely hike near Wentworth Falls. Unfortunately Brian had to go save people's lives or something that day! (He's a paramedic)


Emma received a camera from her 'auntie' Susan for Christmas and she has made good use of it.  Here is a photo of a waterfall in the Blue Mountains that we thought was quite magical.



I visited Daddy's friends Brian and Miriam, they have two kids Noah and Sophia.  I LOVE KIDS!  They were really really FUN.  It was so nice to have kids around, it was like heaven.  We played get the dog leash from the dog, it was really tiring.  Sophia and I made a sand man on the beach and I kept calling it a snowman.  We also made a huge sandcastle.  Noah and I made the cement (it was actually wet sand because you had to walk to the beach).
We did a spa ( it was just hot water in a bucket) but the fun thing about that is that we got to do it in our fort.  Out fort was the whole length of the house but outside.  We took all the chairs from the front lawn and the back to create our fort.  In the spa we had baby powder, Noah's hair got white from the baby powder. We took it into  our Fort so it will make our feet soft ( we were walking on sharp stones) if you have any more questions leave a comment.


We all needed a rest after endlessly chasing Daisy (the dog) around the yard. Emma had a grand time playing with Brian and Miriam's kids, Noah and Sofia. We spent a fabulous weekend with them at Miriam's mum's house at Culburra Beach, about 3 hours south of Sydney. You can just see the top of the steps down to the beach where we spent lots of time body surfing, and building in the sand.


 



1 comment:

  1. Daisy the dog looks like a happy pup...even though you were chasing her all over the place! She must have liked it. What a lovely way to spend the day. I just have ine question. Umm, why were you walking on sharp stones?

    ReplyDelete